Saint John Labour Landmarks This anchor stands in Holy Cross Cemetery in Saint John West. Its purpose is to honour six seamen who were lost at sea. Five of the men were lost during the Second World War (1942-1945) One of the names is dated 1958. The men are identified as natives of England, Ireland, Greece and France. The Saint John District Labour Council had this Labour Bell mural painted on one of the pillars of the Harbour Bridge. The mural can be viewed as you drive along Hilyard Street. This Headstone of James E. Tighe was erected in St. Joseph’s Cemetery in 1938 by Local 273 of the International Longshoremen’s Association. James Tighe was a pioneer in provincial labour history and rose to the rank of first vice-president of the International Longshoremen’s Association. He came to an untimely death in 1937 as a result of a car accident. Note the image of a modern cargo ship at the top of the headstone. This Monument, which was erected by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 502, is in memory of all their Borthers who have passed on. The Monument was unveiled on October 1st, 2011. It is located in Kiwanis Court, in the City's North End, outside the IBEW, Local 502 Training Centre. This monument was erected in 2003 by Local 273 of the International Longshoremen’s Association. The monument pays tribute to all the port workers of the City who have been killed while working on the Saint John waterfront. Dating from the early 19th century, over 185 names are listed on the four faces of the monument. The monument is located along Harbour Passage on Long Wharf Trail. Granite Stone that describes The April 28th Day Of Mourning Monument.